Dr. Douglas Wright
Dr. Douglas Wright is one of the most experienced board certified orthodontists in Western New York and a third generation specialist. His father, Laurence C. Wright started the family practice in 1955. Many of the parents that bring in their children for braces were patients themselves at Dr. Wright’s practice.
The philosophy of his father Dr. Larry, has been carried through all of these years to our present practice:
“to treat each patient with kindness and care while providing the best orthodontic treatment at a reasonable cost.”
Dr. Doug, as his patients refer to him, enjoys getting to know his patients and bringing them the satisfaction of a beautiful smile. He believes that perfecting a smile can bring strong confidence to each and every patient. He knows that most teenagers are already self-conscious about their appearances.
Dr. Douglas Wright has a Bachelor of Science from Syracuse University, his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree from Case Western Reserve University, his Master of Science in Oral Biology and his certificate in Orthodontics also from Case Western Reserve. Dr. Douglas Wright, DDS of Owl Orthodontics was recently named by Align Technology as the Invisalign-designated professor at the University at Buffalo (UB) Department of Orthodontics.
- He is the most experienced Invisalign provider in Upstate NY – he has treated over 1500 patients
- The only Top 1% Elite Preferred Invisalign providers in all of Western New York
- He has the highest educational level with Invisalign in Upstate NY
- Dr. Wright was the first to use iTero impressionless scanning technology
- Dr. Wright is the only Orthodontist in WNY that Align Technology approached for a teaching position at SUNY Buffalo based on his experience and educational level on Invisalign
- Dr. Wright is the only Orthodontist in Upstate NY/Central NY that teaches this course. There are no doctors in Rochester, Syracuse, or Albany that teach this course for Align Technology
Dr. Doug is a certified provider for Invisalign and a member of the Upstate New York Damon Orthodontic Study Club. He has been inducted as a Fellow in the International College of Dentists, an honorary organization for recognition of service to the profession. He is the past Supreme Grand Master of the Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity, an international fraternity. Also, Dr. Doug is past President of the Erie County Dental Society, Dr. Doug is also a Paul Harris Fellow in Rotary Club International.
Dr. Doug and his wife, Laurie, have three children. He enjoys traveling, skiing, sailing and playing golf during his free time.